Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gene Simmons is THE WOLFMAN?

From IMDB.com:

"Gene Simmons is fulfilling a childhood dream, by providing the voice for the Wolfman in Sir Anthony Hopkins and Benicio Del Toro's new movie.

Simmons was asked by The Wolfman director Joe Johnston to record the creature's 'howling voice' for the movie, scheduled for release next year.

The invitation was a dream come true for the Kiss rocker and film fanatic.

Simmons explains, 'The original Wolfman starred Lon Chaney Jr., son of the legendary Lon Chaney Sr. Chaney Sr. was called Man Of 1,000 Faces, and for me was a pivotal figure in my childhood. So much so, that I wrote a song called Man of 1,000 Faces on my 1978 solo album, and my production company was also called Man of 1,000 Faces… in homage to Chaney.'

The rocker's trademark tones are currently in demand in Tinseltown - he's already landed another voice-over job. The bassist adds, 'I was asked to do the voice of the Dragon Spirit in M. Night Shyamalan’s forthcoming Airbender movie. This may or may not come to fruition. We’ll see.'"

Talk about coming out of left field!! I mean, I buy it, though it's just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment