"This year audiences thrilled at the triumphant voyage of the Starship Enterprise and her young and vibrant crew in movie theaters across the planet - and on November 17, 2009, the world will go where no man has gone before when Star Trek debuts as a... two-disc DVD with digital copy and a single-disc DVD from Paramount Home Entertainment. Bursting with 'spectacular action' (Hollywood Reporter) and 'pure filmmaking exhilaration' (Rolling Stone) director J.J. Abrams' sensational reinvention of the Star Trek franchise was hailed by critics and embraced by long-time and new fans alike, earning over $375 million at the worldwide box office. Starring a hot young cast inclding Chris Pine (Carriers), Zachary Quinto ('Heroes'), Zoe Saldana (Avatar), Karl Urban (The Bourne Supremacy), John Cho (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Anton Yelchin (Terminator Salvation) and Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead), the global smash hit also features seasoned actors such as Eric Bana (Munich), Bruce Greenwood (National Treasure: Book of Secrets), Winona Ryder (Girl, Interrupted) and the original Spock himself, Leonard Nimoy.
'I cannot wait for fans of Star Trek to check out the home entertainment release of the film. The behind-the-scenes features on the DVD... give a wonderful look at the crazy hard work and incredible fun that went into making this movie,' said J.J. Abrams. 'The cast and crew were truly extraordinary to work with - watching these special features, you'll see why. And for people who didn't catch Star Trek in the theater, I hope they do now, as Paramount has done with this release; the picture and sound quality are both excellent.'
The Star Trek DVD... will boast out-of-this-world features to take viewers even further into the new universe of the rousing space adventure. The two-disc DVD... include in-depth explorations of the reimagining of the franchise, the phenomenal cast, the spectacularly real action sequences, the powerful score and the captivating aliens, commentary by J.J. Abrams, the writers and producers, a gag reel and a digital copy of the film. Additionally, the discs feature compelling deleted scenes that reveal a side story involving Nero with a first-ever look at Abrams' version of the infamous warrior Klingons.
The Star Trek two-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround with English, French and Spanish subtitles. Special features are as follows:
* Commentary - by director J.J. Abrams, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Bryan Burk
* A New Vision - J.J. Abrams' vision was not only to create a Star Trek that was bigger, more action-packed spectacle, but also to make the spectacle feel real. Every aspect of production - from unique locations to the use of classic Hollywood camera tricks - was guided by this overall objective
* Gag Reel - Bloopers featuring the entire principal cast
* Digital Copy
* Deleted Scenes with optional commentary:
*Klingons Take Over Narada
*Young Kirk, Johnny and Uncle Frank
*Amanda and Sarek Argue After Spock Fights
*Prison Interrogation and Breakout
*Sarek Gets Amanda
*Dorm Room and Kobayashi Maru (original version)
*Kirk Apologizes to the Green Girl
*Sarek Sees Spock
* To Boldly Go - Taking on the world's most beloved science fiction franchise was no small mission. Director J.J. Abrams, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof, and executive producer Bryan Burk talk about the many challenges they faced and their strategy for success
* Casting - The producers knew their greatest task was finding the right cast to reprise these epic roles. The cast, for their part, talk about their experience of trying to capture the essence of these mythic characters. The piece concludes with a moving tribute to Leonard Nimoy
* Aliens - Designers Neville Page and Joel Harlow talk about the hurdles they faced creating new alien species, recreating the Romulans and Vulcans, and designing the terrifying creatures on Delta Vega for the new Star Trek
* Score - As a fan of the original series, composer Michael Giacchino embraced the challenge of creating new music for Star Trek while preserving the spirit of Alexander Courage's celebrated theme
The Star Trek single-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround with English, French and Spanish subtitles. The single-disc DVD includes the commentary, 'A New Vision' and the gag reel."
NOOO!! I have to wait till November?!! NOOO!!