Wednesday, July 29, 2009

From an inFAMOUS game to a famous movie

From ComingSoon.net:

"Sony Pictures has picked up a pitch from screenwriter Sheldon Turner to adapt the Sucker Punch Productions video game 'inFAMOUS' into a feature film.

The Hollywood Reporter says the studio is working out a deal for rights to the game, which was published by sister Sony Computer Entertainment. Avi Arad and Ari Arad will produce.

Released in May, 'inFAMOUS' centers on bike messenger Cole MacGrath, who survives an explosion that destroys entire blocks of Empire City only to find he has new electricity-derived super powers.

The action game, designed for Sony's PlayStation 3 console, allows the player to use his powers for good or evil, as MacGrath's karma affects how the devastated city's people and infrastructure deal with him.

'What excited me most about the game was it was the first of which I've come across that had a big idea and a character arc,' Turner said. 'It is, I believe, the future of gaming. The game, while big and fun, is at its core a love ballad to the underachiever, which is what our hero, Cole MacGrath, is.'"

I haven't played this game (I don't have a PS3, I have a Wii) but I do love superhero movies. Although this reminds me of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. IN MANY WAYS.

Here's the game's trailer:





For more information about the game visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infamous_(video_game)

No comments:

Post a Comment