Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No BATMAN 3D

From ComingSoon.net:

"Cinematical got a chance to speak to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight director of photography Wally Pfister, who said that there's a good chance the next Batman film won't be released in 3D. A full IMAX release is possible, however.

'What Chris and I have talked about is doing something cool and something interesting,' Pfister said. [Director] Brad Bird was [saying] 'you've got to shoot the whole thing in IMAX!' I was like, yeah, I've talked to Chris about that.'

The technology required to do that would be cumbersome. 'I did it for one shot of The Dark Knight because he said, you have to say you did it, and literally I had this strapped to my shoulder and I was carrying it. But I think Chris is game for doing something interesting like that, Lord knows that the 3D fad might pass by the time that summer comes around.'

Pfister does know one thing for sure. 'He doesn't want to shoot on video, and I'm the same way.'"

Well, Warner Bros. will having something to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment