"Collider spoke to producer Mike De Luca and was able to learn new details on Ghost Rider 2 (it might be called Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance). They sent us the following summary:
– Mark Steven Johnson is not directing the sequel
– Eva Mendes will not return as Roxanne Simpson
– Ghost Rider 2 (or Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance) will be a hard PG-13 [(in the vein of Lord of the Rings and The Dark Knight)
– The film is going to take place in Europe
– De Luca is open to David Goyer directing the sequel but it all comes down to his very busy schedule [(he is, after all, working on the TV series 'Flash Forward')]
– Says the sequel will be like 'pushing the reset button' on the franchise
– As you might expect from the success of Avatar, Ghost Rider 2 might be done in 3D
– Says Goyer has just delivered his updated outline to the studio
– And says Ghost Rider 2 could easily be in front of the cameras this year."
Also, Nicolas Cage is returning to play Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. But you knew that already.