Monday, February 16, 2009

Efron To Take On Jonny Quest Role?

From IMDB.com:

"Wrestler-turned-movie star The Rock has been hired to protect Hollywood heartthrob Zac Efron - the pair will reportedly team up in the big screen adaptation of 1960s animated classic The Adventures Of Jonny Quest.

The Rock - real name Dwayne Johnson - has confirmed he is set to play Race Bannon, the cartoon series' tough guy special agent who is hired to guard and train Johnny Quest, an 11-year-old who accompanies his doctor father on amazing adventures. And Johnson couldn't resist the action man role - insisting the script is one of the best he has ever be offered.

He tells Moviehole, 'I don't know if you've read the latest (draft) but it's awesome and it's badass and I haven't read, this is what I told everyone over at Warner Bros., and I love the studio too by the way, you know, I had my experience with them with Get Smart and they were great, I hadn't read an action script like that in a long time. And that action was unbelievable. That will happen.'

But despite Efron not actually having officially signed for the schoolboy role, he has hinted he would love the part - despite being ten years too old.

He says, 'I loved Jonny Quest when I was a kid. If you go a little older, it gives you more, it allows you to be...it just gives you a bit more, you know.' "

I don't mind Dwayne Johnson in the movie but Efron as Quest....NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO! If he wants to be a serious actor he at least needs to have one stinkin' movie when he doesn't freakin' sing!! (Maybe 17 Again?)

No comments:

Post a Comment