Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sonnenfeld Will Again be Saving the World

From ComingSoon.net -
"Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures has attached Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black, Get Shorty, "Pushing Daises") to direct and produce the action comedy The How-To Guide for Saving the World, from writer BenDavid Grabinski.

Sonnenfeld on The How-To Guide for Saving the World, 'One of the first things I read when I joined the manly William Morris Agency was BenDavid Grabinski's script. I loved the writing, and the concept: what would happen if one afternoon, the secret group that protects Earth from alien invaders was wiped out? Fortunately, they left behind an instruction manual for saving Earth. Unfortunately, a non-action-hero guy not unlike me, in terms of manliness, and a woman who s him, find the book, and have to save the planet from an impending attack.'"

I know that it sounds a lot like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but give Sonnenfeld credit. He directed the Men in Black movies for crying out loud! Besides, I love the stories of average-Joes who save the world. Look where Indiana Jones came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment